Monday, March 22, 2010

An epic lichen (or is it lichens?):


Man, I wanna go to SXSW. Seeing pictures of 6th Street at 2am with bands boozily set up all along the curb simultaneously fills me with hope and anxiety for some reason. I was just reading about Tobacco's show in Austin this past week, and I decided to download some. Glad I did. Heavy, perfectly overdriven bass lines keep the hallucinogenic arrangements buzzing along in a haze of static. I like that. I'm gonna look into Black Moth Super Rainbow next, of which the man behind Tobacco was a part.
But for now, here's some tracks off of 2008's lo-fi-ey, analogish "Fucked up Friends:"

"Hawker Boat" (kinda reminds me of Cornershop):

"Berries that Burn" (it's all sounds pretty similar...):

"Truck Sweat" (yea, monotonous, but maybe good driving muzik):

Sure digs those analog synths...
Hasta luego.

2 comments:

  1. tobacco is pretty solid, i think i enjoy his solo stuff more than some of the BMSR material. as much as i enjoy it i can't listen to it for more than a little while, it gets old fast for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my chums from HS were pretty into Black Moth Super Rainbow. Really gauzy and dreamy and oddly sugary but, for whatever reason, I could never really dig it in large doses. Don't let that dissuade you though.

    ReplyDelete